Importing/Viewing vid clips from Digital Camera

iswitched

Registered
I've just purchased a Canon A40 Digital Camera which allows for 30 sec. video clips. The question I have is, how do I import them to my iMac in order to view them? Are they viewable in Quick Time?
Do I need a Firewire cable to load from the camera to the computer? Help!

Thanks!

iSwitched

I have a Fuji digital camera and when I want to upload pictures and video I plug the USB cable into the computer and camera. I then turn the camera on and the memory card pops up on the desktop. All I have to do to get to the pictures and video is go through a couple folders until I come to them on the memory card of the computer. Most digital camera's should mount the memory card on the desktop like a regular drive. So all you should have to do is just dig through the card (should be fairly simple) until you find which folder has the pictures. Hope that helps ya.

i've got a fuji digital camera too...

as jeepster485 said, all i have to do is to connect the camera to my PB using the supplied USB cable. this brings up the camera on the desktop - once i've double clicked through a couple of folders and found the .avi files, i just drag and drop them out of the camera's folder on to the desktop.

i can then re-name them and play them using QuickTime...

have fun!

Excellent! Thanks to both of you for your replies. I didn't relish the idea of having to buy a Firewire cable just to view these short video clips, and just wasn't sure if the USB cable would do the job. Obviously it does, so that's great:)

iSwitched

Back