In Entourage, how to configure a new Exchange email account?

robertyumd

Registered
Thank you in advance for your time reading this and offering your help.

I have an Entourage 2008 Exchange email account configured, but now the database is corrupted, and I can not proceed to configure a new Exchange email account on the same Entourage 2008 MAC computer.

How do I configure a new Exchange email account in Entourage 2008 when rebuilding the corrupted Entourage database does not succeed?

I can just forget about the corrupted Entourage database, and start from new. I tried to rebuild the database and it showed some error and I could not open Entourage to go to Tool.......Accounts.... to add a new account. Entourage always stays at the first page of options: to validate the database, to compact the data, to rebuild the databse, or to set preferences.

In Outlook, I can go to Control Panel and choose Mail to configure a new profile. I do not need to open Outlook in order to configure a new profile when configuring mailboxes in Outlook. Is there a similar way in Entourage for me to configure a new Exchange mailbox?

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Robert

The Entourage database is stored under Users/Username/Documents/Microsoft User Data. Move that folder and its just like starting fresh. You can choose to delete the folder if you are not concerned with anything in it, or keep it somewhere else and maybe rename it if you are going to keep it. When you go back into Entourage after removing that folder you have a fresh start and a new folder should be created when configuring a new account.

djackmac, thank you for helping me out. I am going to try it tomorrow.
I am pretty new to support MAC/Entourage, and your input is very helpful to me.

I can rename the folder, and then Entourage will start new, that is sweet! I do want to have the corrupted Entourage database available since the Entourage database has about 8GB of one mailbox from Exchange, and 1 GB of the second mailbox from Exchange, and about 2GB of local archived emails on a local MAC folder. I will work on that later.

Actually I just purchased EagleFiler to archive emails and organize them and archive emails from Exchange server ( to make both mailboxes to be less than 0.5 GB on the Exchange server ), then the Entourage database got corrupted before I started to use EagelFiler. Is there some suggestion on how to handle this? It will wonderful if I can make a copy of the EagleFiler archived emails to be used on another MAC computer with Entourage 2008 or 2004. I am familliar with Outlook PST files and I can easily make copies available to different computer's Outlook.

Thanks a lot.
Robert

Back