Incorrect MPEG Playback Length in QT/Real

jove

Hello,

Several MPEGs I have do not play in their entirety with QT or Real (shortened duration). VLC and MPlayer plays them without issue. iMovie import fails on them as well.

I tried converting them using VCDGear and MPEG Streamclip. Both corrected bad blocks but resulting MPEGs do not play right.

Any suggestions?

Dave

Have you considered that the files _do_ have bad blocks and that they _are_ in some ways corrupted?

It seems to me that VLC and MPlayer a) seem to circumvent some file errors and that b) they also support some codecs better than QT and Real. You could, of course, use VLC to save the resulting stream as a file format you can read in the application you want to further use the file with.

Addition: To do that, use the open dialogue instead of just dragging the file to VLC.

I gathered they are corrupt. VLC and MPlayer can deal with it, so the movies must be fixable.

The image Quality in QT and Real are better and more importantly the movie will be mucked with in QT Pro and iMovie.

From VLC's open dialog, there is the advance check-box with the settings dialog. On export it creates a .ts file not open-able from any of the apps. How do I export to another mpeg?

VLC offers about 15 different options alone for picture, some more for audio... One combination must fit...?

Back