InDesign CS3 System requirements

Slop

Registered
Hi,
Wondering if you can help!

I have a MacBook (OSX version 10.4.11) and was wondering if it is high enough power to run InDesign CS3? I think I need to put more memory on it but not sure? Sorry bit of a novice so would really appreciate advice!

here is the info on my MacBook:
Processor Name: Intel Core Duo
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per processor): 2 MB
Memory: 512 MB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MB11.005F.B00
SMC Version: 1.4f10

Thank you!

512MB (1GB recommended) for Intel based system (sys.req) for Intel based Macs - however as MacBook uses 64-80 MB of the RAM for graphics, that leaves actual RAM for your system to be around 450 MB. I would suggest getting at least 512 MB more RAM, even to upgrade your total RAM to 2 GB if you can afford - it will make a huge difference in its use for you, and not just for CS3.

Oh ya you are good, more RAM would be a good idea. I currently run it on my G4 TiBook with 1GB of RAM. It of course doesn't preform at its best, but it is usable.

Oh thank you -
I was told in the shop that if I got more RAM it would slow down the processor is this right?
Thank you for your help so far that is great!

Hi Slop, what kind of store would be telling you that? :eek:
The more RAM, the faster (unless dealing with over 4 GB of RAM on 32-bit Windows... ). 1 GB is much faster than 512 MB, and 2 GB is much faster than 1 GB and so on.
Processor speed will be the same, but as the memory available increases, it will make the computer faster for not having to read and write everything on the hard drive all the time.

Oh thank you... it was some guy in an apple store but I think he was trying to flog me an external hard drive actually..

Thanks so much for your help off to get some more memory now...

Back