InDesign CS4 Crashes upon sstartup

elbeam

Registered
Hi Friends!

I recently downloaded a trial version of CS4 and have not been able to get it to run at all. Here are the steps I have tried in order to attempt a resolution:

- uninstalled and reinstalled the application
- opened console and tracked the errors:
1/26/09 1:40:09 PM com.apple.launchd[254] ([0x0-0x4f74f7].com.adobe.InDesign[3324]) Exited abnormally: Bus error

- deleted all adobe prefs
- repaired permissions and the hard drive
- installed a new version of osx

same issues still exist.

anyone have ideas on this one? i'm lost.

thanks in advance!

Using what method? Drag-and-drop to the trash? Using Adobe's Creative Suite uninstaller program? Search-and-destroy?

1/26/09 1:40:09 PM com.apple.launchd[254] ([0x0-0x4f74f7].com.adobe.InDesign[3324]) Exited abnormally: Bus error
"Bus error" usually indicates a problem with RAM (usually, but not always). Have you added or removed any RAM to the system?
This information does us no good unless you elaborate on it... what was the "old" version of OS X you had running? What was the "new" version of OS X you upgraded to?

Quote:
Using what method? Drag-and-drop to the trash? Using Adobe's Creative Suite uninstaller program? Search-and-destroy?

> I used the indesign uninstaller program originally. then went and tried to find other prefs with adobe in the file name (search and destroy).

Quote:
"Bus error" usually indicates a problem with RAM (usually, but not always). Have you added or removed any RAM to the system?

> I have not added or removed ram.

Quote:
This information does us no good unless you elaborate on it... what was the "old" version of OS X you had running? What was the "new" version of OS X you upgraded to?

> Sorry for the lack of clarity. My Mac runs so smoothly I rarely have these problems!! I was running Mac OSX 10.5.5 I installed Leopard 10.5 and have not updated to 10.5.5 (or latest version yet).

Thanks so much for your feedback on this!!! You rock!!

Ah, one other question... what kind of Mac, with what specs (hard drive, RAM, processor, etc.)?

Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook2,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 1.5 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MB21.00A5.B07
SMC Version: 1.13f3
Serial Number: W870612LWGM
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled

If you had any previous versions of CS on your computer, remove them before installing a new one, even a demo version. And if you buy a license, you'll probably have to remove the demo and redownload a full version too.

Back