InDesign promo - how picky can they be???

karavite

Registered
If anyone has a new Mac, you can get a coupon on the Apple site to get a free copy of Adobe InDesign 2.0. In order to do this, you have to send in the coupon, your receipt and the UPC/product info label from the box.

For some ridiculous reason, Apple will not accept the label alone, you have to cut through the whole darn box and send them it. This annoys me for a few reasons.

1. It seems a little absurd. If it was Photoshop, okay I can see why we might want to make sure nobody pulls a scam (though I'm not sure how this would help prevent a scam).

2. The box for my G4 now has a big hole in it - it is useless for shipping my Mac.

3. It seems to go against Apple's pretty darn good record for the environment. A box I could have reused is now garbage.

Please - give us a break. Is this cereal (remember sending in box tops) or computers?

the display promo was the same deal. i now have two boxes with huge holes in 'em. i had to buy a big padded envelope to fit all that crap in there. then they mailed me back, asking for a receipt. i hope this means my invoice because i bought it online. i didn't get anything labeled 'receipt' exactly in my email.

"For some ridiculous reason, Apple will not accept the label alone, you have to cut through the whole darn box and send them it. This annoys me for a few reasons."

I agree, this is stupid. First, I dont want to destroy the box. Second I have a 14 day return policy if the Mac goes bad. I doubt the reseller wants the Mac returned in a box with a hole cut in the side.

Back