Infrared Port on Wallstreet?

texanpenguin

Registered Penguin
My old Wallstreet ended up back in the family recently when my brother was given it back by my dad (who was, in turn, given a clamshell iBook by his work). My brother was ecstatic - he has a Nokia phone with infrared, and I told him that the Wallstreet has an infrared port, so finally he'll be able to get files to his phone.

We can't, with any degree of success, get infrared to communicate with his phone. I noticed in the Menu Extras folder (/System/Library/CoreServices/Menu Extras) that there was an IrDA menu, and that it exists still in Panther on my AlBook (the Wallstreet is incompatible with Panther and I had no success with XPostFacto, so it's running Jaguar, 10.2.0), it won't launch on either computer, nor on an iMac DV (G3 in Panther). One of the upgrade notes on Panther 10.3.3 was that it increased usage of the IrDA menu on computers with it enabled...

I'm starting to think I should go find my OS9 disk and get him running that, to get him in Apple IR File Exchange...

But I don't want his only Mac experience to be in OS9, not if at all possible.

So anyone with some insight here? Any programs to test?

The infrared port appears as a modem in his network settings pane.

Hi. I own a Wallstreet, and also a Nokia. Im running Jaguar on the PowerBook, and Ive noticed that Nokia doesnt work with the Mac no matter what you do. But what you CAN DO is that you can run Virtual PC and download the PC software from their website and then transfer files using IrDA.

Back