Inkwell handwriting recognition quality

applemaz

Registered
A friend bought a Wacom Bamboo Fun (replacement line for the Graphire4) tablet and under Tiger 10.4.11, I tried out Inkwell.

When I wrote in cursive with the tablet pen, I was lucky to have 1 or 2 letters appear in a word. The rest was all junk.

When I printed, it was better, but 1 or 2 letters came out as junk in every word.

Has anyone else used Inkwell with a tablet and had results any better? Does Inkwell have the capacity to be told what was written and therefore "learn" a persons handwriting script?

It seems pretty worthless to me. Am I missing something here?

I have a Wacom tablet and I rarely use it with Inkwell. I did try a few things in response to your posting.

There is some fine tuning you can do with the letter spacing and other things that improves the accuracy.

Writing in script is pretty much a bust, but I was surprised at how much came out clearly.

Printing is the only way to go. When I printed, accuracy was very good.

I would not use Inkwell to input text. It is just too slow. I would use it to sketch something in a hurry, but even then I would not be all that happy with the results.

Your tablet will be great with Painter, Studio Artis, ZuesDraw, Scribbles or even Pixelmator. (Painter is the obvious best choice $$)

RonMan

Back