Inkwell - Proof

kainjow

Registered
Inkwell HAS to be proof for a new iBook/Powerbook that has a touch sensative screen for writing directly onto or some kind of Tablet:

http://www.apple.com/macosx/jaguar/inkwell.html

Finally a larger description then before and screenshots. Who in the world would use they're freakin' graphic tablet to write text? Huh? There is obviously a tablet coming out here some time...

Work just purchased an Acer tablet PC, kinda nifty. I know Sony has one available. Hopefully Apple is creating a best of breed.

Steve Jobs already stated that he wants to see what kind of market this kind of product would have, before Apple will make one.

it's kinda cool I guess, but it's so slow compared to typing. How can it ever be useful?

Well you can get a touch-sensitive membrane from a company called ____troll (?) Look on google, some guy put it on his ibook already, but for now, the touch screen isn't supported on 10.2.1, just the graphics tablet

Gee, or it could be that one of Apple's biggest customer groups--graphic artists--use pen and pad all day long, and it might be nice for them to be able to insert text in their illustrations without having to go back to the keyboard.

-Rob

I even did a search for it, nothing. There should still be a prefeerence file for it somewhere, even if it is not in use. Friend is bringing his tablet over tonight....figure out what is up.

Originally posted by Koelling
it's kinda cool I guess, but it's so slow compared to typing. How can it ever be useful?
It could be nice for those people that "hunt-n-peck" type, or anyone whose typing speed is less than 10 WPM. :p

wouldn't it be kind of cumbersome to write on a laptop screen? with the bend between the keyboard and the screen it would be very unnatural.
Maybe it's just me, of course I don't have a laptop so I'm just guessing.
Anybody else feel this way?

Imagine a titanium g4 powerbook who's screen opens, then rotates and closes so the screen is facing up when it's closed. Writing on it is no more difficult than on a clipboard.

Web pads are *really* neat. I'd love to see apple come out with a PB 1400 sized one with a flip-around screen that I could carry like a clipboard and use as a regular computer the rest of the time.

Originally posted by shrill
I'd love to see apple come out with a PB 1400 sized one with a flip-around screen that I could carry like a clipboard ...

They did, it was called 'Newton'.

Originally posted by shrill
Imagine a titanium g4 powerbook who's screen opens, then rotates and closes so the screen is facing up when it's closed.

and this tiny little center hinge is supposed to be durable enough to last for a few years of daily use? Somehow I'm an extreme sceptic.

I'm like rharder... I see this as an app for photoshop users that hardly ever use the keyboard anyway.

Originally posted by Rhino_G3
and this tiny little center hinge is supposed to be durable enough to last for a few years of daily use? Somehow I'm an extreme sceptic..
apple did make that little swingy arm on the imac didn't they? i bet apple could (pay to have someone) do it. i think it's a pretty cool idea.

I even did a search for it, nothing. There should still be a prefeerence file for it somewhere, even if it is not in use. Friend is bringing his tablet over tonight....figure out what is up.

If you look hard enough, you can find Inkwell even if you do not have a tablet connected... and even make it start. Just search for InkServer...

Originally posted by kainjow
Inkwell HAS to be proof for a new iBook/Powerbook that has a touch sensative screen for writing directly onto or some kind of Tablet:

http://www.apple.com/macosx/jaguar/inkwell.html

Finally a larger description then before and screenshots. Who in the world would use they're freakin' graphic tablet to write text? Huh? There is obviously a tablet coming out here some time...

Acer is already selling or will be selling Tablet PC's by the end of this month. Apple: Where's the beef!?

Back