Install Mac OS X using Pacifist

I did not burn it on a DL, I removed files to free space and then burnt it onto a SL DVD. The shrunk image works because I was able to boot from the internal HD using it.

Every model of an iBook (G3 and G4) have a sticker underneath the keyboard, pull the tabs on your keyboard, and lift it up a little bit, make sure that you have a DVD drive.

If its a dvd drive, it will read DL discs, every DVD drive is capable of reading dual layer (not burning one though) Even a G4 iBook can be from 03, thats coming up on 7 years old, so a bad drive is a high possibility.

:)

It does not have an internal DVD drive, I am booting from an external firewire drive.

Scoops98

I can't use the full release because I have an iBook G3. Leopard build 9A466 will run on a G3 with a small installer modification.

So, you have already booted from the External? Now it just won't boot up?

I tried to put leopard on a g3 ibook once, i took the hard drive out, and install os x on another computer, with the hard drive, put it back in, and it took a full 3-4 hours just to startup, and then it just went into a Kernel panic, lol, so it's pointless.

Is that how the leopard beta looked? Just like tiger?

I know that's theres a way to change the about this mac section, so this guy could be messing with you.
But a few other people said they got it to work....

Can i ask you why this is going to be so "fun" It looks the same as tiger, your using files from tiger, its going to run 10X worse than tiger....

?

It has Time Machine and Spaces which both (supposedly) work.

I think I will give up on this for now. I have reinstalled Tiger but now I don't know what to do with the iBook. Any suggestions?

Back