Install MacOS X 10.2 on PowerBook Wallstreet

isaac_ho

Web Designer
Dear all,

Would anybody tell me is there any way to install MacOSX 10.2 on PowerBook G3 Wallstreet?

Yup, it is possible to install Mac OS X 10.2 on a Wall Street powerbook. I'm sure there are a few members here who are doing so, just fine. eh?

If I am right you have to create a 8gb partition and intall jag on that. It should be fine then. I will have to do more research on this.

I have Jaguar running on it. It has to be installed on to the first 8 Gig I think. I have it on a 20 gig drive. I partioned so that I have a OSx partition, OS9 partition, a swap partition and one 10 gig parition I call free. I use free between OS9 and X. I am still using OS9 because I can not capture video fast enough throught X.

One Major problem I had was I had upgraded my memory to 512 Meg. When I installed 10.1.2 I did not have any problems. When I installed Jaguar half way through the install the screen faded to blank. It turns out that the Jaguar installer does like seeing the extra memory. If you look at the specs for a wallstreet the max memory is less than 512. That is because the chips were not avail at the time. To fix the problem I took out one 256 Meg chip. I then installed Jaguar with out a problem. I installed the chip afterwards and Jaguar recognized it without a problem. Apple by the way was no help on this. They told me the memory or the hardrive I upgraded too was probably not Apple spec. Make sure you make the Jaguar parition large enough. I didn't and haven't been to install the softare upadtes to it. It was very frustrating until someone of this board clued me in.

Jaguar recognizez everything but my floppy drive. It recognizes by firewire2go card and my zip drive without loading drivers. Neithere worked in 10.1.5. I have never used a printer with my wallstreet so I can not tell you how that works.

Do a custom install unless you want all the languages installed on your machine.

Calliex

How can you make it boot.
I can't make my wallstreet to boot from the CD "jaguar".
Everytime you can listen to the CD spinning, but it stops and boots in OS9.
I even got a 128mb dimm.
I have installed 10.1.5 and 9
Is there any way to force it to boot from the CD other than pressing "C"?
Please help me.

System Preferences: Startup Disk

With the 10.2 install CD in, choose the CD as the startup disk and restart.

mmm.
You are not serius, are you?
Of course I've done that.
I need to know if anyone has booted from a MacOS X CD with a sonnet crescendo upgrade card.
I tried with my OS X 10.1 and I could make it boot. But I can boot in OS 9 CD!
I've even tried Open Firmware console to try to male it boot.
Please, I want to upgrade to jaguar and I can't!!!!

mmm, I just tried to boot with open firware the Yellowdog linux CD
>boot cd:,\\yaboot
And NO!!!!
I got a broken folder screen again!
It only boots with OS 9 CD since sonnet crescendo upgrade!
I even tried reinstalling the old G3 card back and nothing.
I called sonnettech and they say that it should work.

Help Please!

Back