Installation Nikon Camera Control Pro 2.2.0

acowderoy

Registered
I have an installation problem with Nikons camera control pro software version 2.2.0 on an imac running 10.5.4

I downloaded a 30 day evaluation version of ccp2 which worked perfectly.

On the basis of this i purchased the product.

I had between times removed the evaluation copy.

I installed the purchased version which was older than the evaluation copy.

It started but stuck on the splash screen and did not recognise my camera.

I downloaded the upgrade to the latest version (presumably the same one as the evaluation copy) and installed it.

Same problem. It still does not recognises my camera.

I have tried using both the usb port on the keyboard and the one on the rear of the monitor. This makes no difference.

I have tried setting my camera (d70) usb to both mass storage and ptp and this makes no difference.

Although there is very little on the net about this it seems that some users have succesfully installed ccp2 with 10.5.4 and as I said the evaluation version worked perfectly well on my machine.

One user stated that he solved the problem ***after he had completely reinstalled leopard*** Surely this is overkill?

I contacted nikon france about this problem and they (eventualy) just flatly stated that ccp2 was guaranteed compatible only with 10.5.3. and refused further assistance.

nikon usa seem to have been more helpfull with other users but i have still not been able to find any pointers as to how to solve the problem.

There does not seem to be a fundamental problem with ccp2 on 10.5.4 but on some installations it just does not work - any ideas how to debug this gratefully received.

Back