installing 10.2.5 won't work

haley

Registered
Just tonight I erased my hard disk and installed Jaguar. I have tried installing the 10.2.5 combo update first by the software updater, but that didn't work. next i tried doing "download checked items to desktop" (or whatever it is exactly) in Software update, but it didn't work either. I just finished downloading the combo update from apple.com, but it didn't wokr either.

I ahve a screenshot attached to this post. While it is "configuring installation", the following comes up.

I'm really frustrated....

Any ideas?

...i encounter the same problem yesterday when i upgrade my HDD.

How do I encounter that problem?
after i install MacOSX i run recovery CD to install preload(factory default) apps, install everything including classic(MacOS9) support, after software restore i do the update and whalahhh...ERROR!!!! try to repair disk permission... everythin but still nothin happen.

Did i upgrade to 10.2.5?
yeah... what i end up is to start from scratch again, format my HDD and re-install MacOSX, make software update and done... i have my MacOS 10.2.5.... and then i run software restore:D

I had something similar happen when I re-installed os 10.1. When I went to install the software restore, the third disk (of six) didn't work. What a fiasco. Anyway, now my computer doesn't have os 9.2 on it anymore or any of the other things on those disks...whatever they were.
:mad:

never mind, it works now!

I decided to just install 10.2.3, and then after that I figured "what the heck, what's another try at 10.2.5 going to hurt?" and it worked :)

Thanks though

I have had problems in the past with the incremental upgrades from the basic Jaguar disk. Twice I lost the ability to boot after doing an minor system upgrade. I have learned to back up the primary disk to a secondary drive before trying to install an upgrade. No ryem or rythum to the problem. Sometimes i just works o.k. on the second attempt.

Back