installing downloaded dev tools

endian

Dis Member
i'm trying to install the dev tools download but i keep getting 'cannot write bom to path' from the installer. anybody know what the problem is? and wtf bom is?

i figured out what the problem was.. i downloaded using explorer. omniweb worked fine.

explorer + stuffit expander (OSX version) managed to mangle the 69MB download into a 72KB installer package!

I haven't successfully loaded the developer tools but "bom" is "bill of materials". It's yet another hold over concept from NeXTStep. It's just a listing of everything that's in the package.

I haven't successfully loaded the developer tools but "bom" is "bill of materials". It's yet another hold over concept from NeXTStep. It's just a listing of everything that's in the package.

ah, thanks. i thought bom might be a command line tool it was trying to install, then i saw the .bom file in the package, but still didn't know what it was. :)

from what i understand the version of expander that comes with os x has a bug when decoding tar files. you can uncompress it from the command line however. in the terminal go to the directory you downloaded the PublicBeta_Developer.tgz file into. type the following with out the quotes- "gunzip PublicBeta_Developer.tgz | gnutar -xvf -"

Back