Installing GD Library Mac OS X Server 10.5

icemanjc

I'm cool, I have a mac.
I've seen this topic around the forums, but seems I have a slightly different problem. So I have Mac OS X Server 10.5.5, works beautifully. Except, their is no GD library which is crucial for the gallery I wish to set up. So the first time I tried to install the GD library it worked perfectly, but it screwed up mySQL for some reason, which forced me to reinstall, since I didn't feel like troubleshooting. I tried again, same problem, mySQL has flaws. So I reinstalled again. After that I tried doing it and this time it didn't work at all. The biggest problem is that there are so many different ways of installing the GD library, I don't know which is right. Plus I think another big problem is that my server is PowerPC because I get many errors in the terminal when I try to execute peoples scripts, mostly saying there is no file. So I am in need of someone's help, so that I may get my server up and running with a GD library and mySQL. Thanks.

EDIT: Dang it, I accidentally put this in the wrong category and it would be nice for a mod to move it to the correct category and then delete this edit. Thanks.

I'm tempted to give him a thanks for his post. Because now I know who to go 40 years from now!
He just had to pick my post.....

Back