Installing iLife '08 on MacBook from iMac install discs

strawberry

Registered
So, I have a new iMac on the way and want to be running the same updated version of iPhoto on both the new iMac and my existing few-months-old MacBook.

Can I easily install iLife '08 on my MacBook using the iMac's installation CDs?
(Without having to re-install the system on my MacBook? I'm assuming that iLife gets installed as part of some install/restore option as opposed to have a iPhoto-only installer on the iMac's installation discs.)

Illegal. Buy a license for iLife '08 for your MacBook. Should be obvious, really. Had to edit your post about that, SGilbert.

I'm no lawyer, but assumed that he will "own" iLife '08 when he gets the iMac. The license SHOULD be for owned computers as opposed to just one computer.

I accept the lashing with a wet noodle! :)

Sorry, but no. iLife costs 79 USD per computer - unless it _comes_ with the computer. Didn't come with that MacBook, came with the iMac. I guess you could make a case - if we want to talk lawyering... - if you erase it completely from the iMac before you install it on the MacBook. But even then, I'm not sure the license would state so.

Have a simular Question, bought a iMAC (with iLife 08) and and OS X server licence. After installing OS X server I lost iLife. Guess I still own the iLife licence and want to install it again (actually on the same machine as it was earlier).
Is this legal?
How is it done?

Br.
Are
(Norway)

Back