Installing Leo Server stops at 23 mins remaining.

zynizen

Registered
I've got another problem,

On the PowerMac G5 Dual 1.8Ghz, 2GB Ram, WD Raptor 34GB 10K rpm hard drive, I've got a legal copy of Leopard Server 10.5.2 (I think it's 10.5.2, maybe 10.5.3).

Entire installation procedure works fine, up until the installing screen and it just stops at "Time Remaining: 23 minutes..." The first time I tried it stopped at 24 mins, then reformatted from disk util off install dvd, tried again and same thing happens at exactly same spot.

I've installed this before on my iMac, and it worked fine, but now that I have a dedicated Mac for the server, maybe the dvd is bad?

I don't know what else would cause it to stop at exactly same spot twice in a row.

thanks

PowerMac G5 Dual 1.8Ghz, 2GB Ram, WD Raptor 34GB 10K rpm hard drive, I've got a legal copy of Leopard Server 10.5.2 (I think it's 10.5.2, maybe 10.5.3).

Well your Power Mac G5 seems to meet the specified System Requirements for Leopard Server, but the only thing you haven't mentioned is the amount of free space on the HD as AFAIK, you need 20GB for Leo Server.

Actually it was the DVD. I just cleaned it and it worked the whole way. Figures it would be something this simple. Thanks for your help though.

Back