Installing mac os 9.2 cleared hd locked

mysteedawn

Registered
I'm in a panic here, as I bought a apple computer from someone and it had already had the operating system and the hard drive cleared out... nothing on it. I have tried (being completely Apple-illiterate) everything I could to get this to work, but it keeps saying this is Locked. To even know what's locked I haven't a clue, except that the install Mac part is saying locked, and I can't get anywhere to put this operating system on there. It's frustrating and stressful, can anyone please help???

~Cys

Hello mysteedawn & welcome :)

As has already been stated, we need as much factual information as possible so we can best advise :)

Besides the type of Mac you have, you'll need to tell us exactly what you mean when you typed:

"I have tried everything I could to get this to work"

If you don't know the exact model specifics, you could take a photo of the Mac and post it here, using the "Go Advanced" button below the "Reply to Thread" window and then using the Additional Options ~> Manage Attachmentssection found under the "Submit Reply" button.

You need to also tell us what the Installation disc/s you have, look like ... what colour label etc ...

Or if it's a PPC Mac made after January 2003, it usually can't be made Os9 bootable either.

Do you get a padlock at the initial screen?

Back