Installing MySQL for Leopard 10.5

dirk93

Registered
I am attempting to install MySQL for my Mac.

First, let me say that I attempted to install it using Termnial, but I messed up horribly and got very confused. Therefore I partitioned my HD and started over.

I want to use a GUI to avoid scrambling something in Terminal again, as well as it being easier on the eyes. I have downloaded the two DMG's directly from the MySQL site:

mysql-5.0.67-osx10.5-x86.dmg
mysql-gui-tools-5.0-r12-osx10.4-universal.dmg

I installed the GUI no problem, but MySQL is another thing.

Is it as easy as just installing the packages in the dmg, as well as the prefpane? Or do I need to do some Terminal work as well?

My motivation for attempting to install MySQL is so I can have access to Retrosheet files (retrosheet.org). These files are baesball statistics that can be imported into mysql. Ultimately, I would like to be able to use the Game Logs (Link) and query them through MySQL.

Thanks

Is it as easy as just installing the packages in the dmg, as well as the prefpane? Or do I need to do some Terminal work as well?
You should just be able to install the package in the DMG to install mySQL server. That's how it's worked for me over the years, ever since mySQL started providing their own mySQL for Mac OS X packages.

Back