Installing MySQL on 10.1... HELP?!?

bighairydog

tail-wagging member
Hello,

I have a nice simple web development setup on 10.1, with the default installations of Apache and PHP running fine.

I'd like to get up and running with MySQL too, but after I installed the binary distribution from www.entropy.ch and set up a new user called mysql, I still can't access the database from php scripts.

I get the warning:

Warning: Access denied for user: 'mysql@localhost' (Using password: YES) in /Library/WebServer/Documents/index.html on line 9

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Access denied for user: 'mysql@localhost' (Using password: YES) in /Library/WebServer/Documents/index.html on line 9

Help! what do I do?

Thanks

Bernie :eek:)

I am having some MySQL problems...

I installed it on my PB and it works great. I followed the same instructions for my desktop machine and it won't stay running. I get this output to the Terminal?

[localhost:/Users/holmBrew] root# safe_mysqld &
[1] 397
[localhost:/Users/holmBrew] root# Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /usr/local/var
011101 21:44:31 mysqld ended

I type

[localhost:/Users/bernie] sudo ./bin/safe_mysqld --user=mysql &

Where mysql is the user I set up for MySQL. When I last had problems I went to entropy.ch and ran their cleanup shell script then I reinstalled thier binary package with the standard installation routine.

This sorts out pretty much any MySQL problem, and if it doesn't, then it's probably not a MySQL issue

Bernie :eek:)

Back