installing ram on a powerbook g4 1ghz

cellfish

Depressed as hell
Hey guys, I currently have a Powerbook G4 1ghz and I just bought 2x512 ram to replace my current 512 configuration. However, when I bought this Powerbook, I didn't get an instruction manual as to where, exactly, the ram expansion slot is. I ASSUME it's the small square slot underneath the laptop, but I'm not sure (and don't want to unscrew anything unless I'm certain).

The laptop looks like the current Powerbook on the Apple site except, of course, slower. It's from March 2004.

Andre

I checked, there's nothing for installing ram on a powerbook. I basically just need to confirm that the slot underneath the Powerbook is for ram (if it is, wow, that's beautiful placement -- thanks Apple!).

That was the wrong doc (it's for the older 1ghz) but it's ok, I found the doc I needed. However, what's interesting is that the Apple manual calls for pc2700 ddr 333 mhz ram with 200 pins whereas what I bought is pc2700 ddr 333 mhz 184 pins. Did I make a mistake or is it Apple that simply rounded out the 184 to the nearest hundredth? Because I can't find 200 pin pc2700 ddr 333 mhz ram anywhere.

Back