Installing Wordpress on Leopard Server

jtmonti

Registered
I'm looking for a detailed tutorial on installing WordPress on Leopard Server 10.5.

I've installed WordPress in /Library/WebServer/Documents

I've made the appropriate changes to the wp-config.php file (I left the "localhost" line unchanged.

I've verified that I have PHP 5.2.4 installed

In Server Admin:

Web Services (Web) are turned on.
I added a new MySite.com site to: Library/WebServer/Documents and set the default index file to "index.php"

MySql is turned on.
The database is set to /var
Allow network connections is checked.
I did set my password and did verify that this password is in the wp-config file.
(there is a file in /var named MySite.com.err)

DNS is turned on.
No changes were made to the settings--the only setting is the default
"Accept recursive queries from the following networks: localhosts"

Running:
"http://MySite.local/wp-admin/install.php"

Returns:
"Error establishing a database connection"

I'm (sorta) happy digging into this, but if anyone knows of a tutorial for installing on OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Server, I'd appreciate it.

TIA

Jerry

Try changing "localhost" to "127.0.0.1" instead. I've noticed that using just localhost tries to use the socket file which is in a different place than what PHP expects so changing it to an actual IP address forces it to connect over TCP instead.

Mamp is for development only. Not for live production servers.

Free Bump. I too am looking for a guide that is current and doesn't assume a certain level of knowledge.

Are you trying to get this out on the internet or just on your network? If your using Wordpress, you might also want to install the GD Library. If you use MAMP, it comes with the GD Library.

I tried MAMP with one of my computers and it worked fine, just had to forward the port and set up a domain name.

Are you trying to get this out on the internet or just on your network? If your using Wordpress, you might also want to install the GD Library. If you use MAMP, it comes with the GD Library.

I tried MAMP with one of my computers and it worked fine, just had to forward the port and set up a domain name.

For out on the internet, Link

Never heard of GD Library but I shall Google it now.

Back