integrate mac os x server into windows 2000 domain

onefilip

Registered
Hi. I'm working on a windows 2000domain with Active Directory and now I have a Xserver with the last mac os x server. I have some problem on integration the mac os x server with w2k domain.
I want to login my users on Active Directory (because they are on terminal server) and after login they can access to files and other service on mac os x server.
can you help me? is there anybody that have just do it?
what type of server I should set on Opne Direcory?
When I do to "server Admin->windows ->setting what type of server ?
thanks for your help...

Instead of setting that in Open Directory, you'll want to set up Directory Access in Tiger (10.4.x) or Directory Utility in Leopard (10.5.x) to use the Active Directory plugin to bind to the AD. If you are using Leopard, you'll want to be sure to be using 10.5.2, which was just released as an update.

There more to having a successful integration, but this is where you'll want to start looking.

Michael

ok. I will use Active Directory plugin to set up the login for my mac user with acive directory. An other solution is remove Active Directory and autenticate all users (mac and win) on Open Direcotry. Open direcotry set all homw dir and other for all users. Is the login possible of windows 2000 terminal server user on mac os x server?

You can login from a Windows client to Mac OS X Server by leveraging the PDC capabilities in Mac OS X Server. You also could look into using something like pGina which is a LDAP plugin for Windows to authenticate against a standard LDAP server, such as Open Directory. You'll have to configure that plugin though and YMMV! :)

Michael

Back