intel solo mac mini or mac cube?

tom55522

Registered
I have the choice between a mac mini and a cube for about the same price. I would have to upgrade the hard drive, cpu and memory right away...but the cube is so cool. Any thoughts?

mini. mini all the way. the mini is just about 8-10x faster than that old G4. even the oldest mini's are about 2-4 times faster.

Agreed. There's just no comparison. Either you're getting a really, really good deal on a Mini, or a really bad deal on a Cube. Either way, get the Mini.

plus, in terms of a cool factor, how cool is the ability to stack up 3 mac minis on top of each other and the cube still being taller?

While sexy, the Cube doesn't have much value in the long run. The mini will be able to run the PPC-based OS X software until such time that you can replace the PPC software with a UB of that particular application. My vote is on the mini.

Yeah. Mini with enough RAM. And a nice external harddrive. You can buy those later, too, I guess. :)

Mini...hands down. For all the reasons mentioned before. And upgrade what you can as much as you can!

Thanks guys,
I bought the mini and it's so cool. I love the remote and it will become my media mac as soon as I learn how to use it.

Back