Interested in forming a Music Chat Network?

trex

Registered
Hello all,

I would like to put together a Music Chat Network.

It would be a place for musicians and music lovers. I'd like to start it off with one main channel and build the network from there. I will be using ircd on Linux (Internet Relay Chat - IRC).

The main idea that I have for musician/songwriters is to allow them to offer 1 or 2 of their songs on a bot. You would have to own the copyrights to the songs you are offering. --No warez or illegal mp3's allowed--. Then users could download the songs and give real time feed back to the owners of the songs.

Of course people could just talk about music in general. Also discussions could center around using programs such as Digital Performer, Cubase, midi issues, etc...

In addition I'm looking for irc ops and channel ops.

Leave a reply with your level of interest and/or feedback and I'll get back to you.

well - if your interested in connecting to the server you can visit:

http://www.cdmusicpage.com

There's a news story on the main page that has a link to the chat room (it provides a web interface to the chat sever - so you don't need to know anything about IRC). The link will bring you right to the main chat area within a web browser window.

I'm going to add a link in the main navigation soon.

If you want to become a member of the site - then go to Your Account and then click on New User Registration. I send out a monthy email about news concerning the site.

If you have a IRC client then setup the server as:

binaryillusion.dnsalias.net
runs on port 6667

if you have any other feedback on getting this chat network started then let me know. Does anyone know of a good way to promote the site?

Back