internet connection dies but still shows connection

elbo

Registered
While connected to the internet I can browse and download with no roblem, then suddenly and randomly the connection dies and can no longher browse nor download. This is strange as I can clearly see that I am still connected i.e minutes and seconds are ticking away. But if i am downloading using Limewire I get a error message saying Limewire has disconnected or there is a firewall on which there is not. Now I have erformed a clean install and still having the same roblem. I really would areciate any hel . sorry for the lack of the letter that comes after O dodgy keyad.

Elbo.

While connected to the internet I can browse and download with no roblem, then suddenly and randomly the connection dies and can no longher browse nor download. This is strange as I can clearly see that I am still connected i.e minutes and seconds are ticking away. But if i am downloading using Limewire I get a error message saying Limewire has disconnected or there is a firewall on which there is not. Now I have erformed a clean install and still having the same roblem. I really would areciate any hel . sorry for the lack of the letter that comes after O dodgy keyad.

Elbo.

hey...what kind of connection do you have to the internet? DSL/cable? are you behind a router? what kind? connecting via airport or ethernet? what OS are you running?

I have DSL\Cable connected via usb running OS X 10.4.4. I have a static I address connected to Bulldog.

Thanks for the rely.

Back