Internet connection freezing with 10.1

cbmeeks

Registered
I am HOPING that this is a 10.1 issue (I am running 10.1.5). But a LOT of times, on my DSL connection, I can go to a website like Google and it will sit there and wait and wait and wait. Then, it will timeout. THen, I try again and it will work! It will work for about 20 pages and then EVERYTHING times out again (google, mail, etc.)

I know my router is OK because I have been running my PC off it for about 2 years.

I am upgrading to 10.2 this week (can't afford 10.3 and I got 10.2 for $14). I hope that fixes the problem?

Thanks!

cb

sorry to bump but this is really annoying.

My kids keep saying "this computer is slower than our other (PC) computer!"

It's NOT...it's twice as fast but the Internet keeps screwing up...they don't understand:

Internet speed != Overall Computer Speed

cb

I think that the best bet still is to go to 10.3 and then get the Combo Update to 10.3.8. And if Safari doesn't work, use Firefox. But I'm not entirely sure if Firefox will run on an outdated system like 10.1.

I am running FireFox on 10.1.5 right now.

It's not just the browser. Mail does it too. So does system update.

It's like the Mac can't find the gateway for 40 - 50 seconds and then it all starts working. I had my DSL speed increased yesterday and that helped a lot.

I can't go to 10.3 because I literally can't afford it. I found 10.2 for $14.56 so I went with it.

Thanks

cb

Back