Internet Connection is very slow on my mac

wizzard

Registered
Hello,

I have an Dual Mac 867 with 512 Ram and Cable Internet connection but if i visit a site on my windows computer it's very fast when i'm browsing a site with opera, iexplorer on mac osx it's so slow. I don't know whats wrong or is this normal? I have filled in everything correct my proxy settings, ... Anyone an idea?

Cheers
Kris

Get Chimera or OmniWeb.

Internet Explorer on the Mac is noticeably slower compared to the PC version. Every other networking protocol is very fast on our broadband connection, but HTTP is extremely slow. Switching our users to one of the alternative browsers really helped matters.

try icab - made in germany. ie and opera are just slow. of course none of them are going to be quite as fast as a pc, but if you're complaining about a second or 2 here or there, you're missing the point of os x.

ed....so do they actually have a
download for iCab that doesn't say when you start the browser: "please upgrade to the newest version" even though you have it?:rolleyes:

ape - i don't think icab's initial launch is any different than the others - they all ask f you want to check for the latest version. at least icab doesn't do it every time you launch it.

wiz - glad it helps. :)

Back