Internet Connection Sharing with Wallstreet?

texanpenguin

Registered Penguin
OK, I've had my PowerBook routing the internet to my brother's desktop PC (running Windows XP Pro SP1) for some time. I just set it up simply in the appropriate place in my SysPrefs, and then spent a little while configuring the connection from my brother's end.

He recently was given a PowerBook G3 Wallstreet running Jaguar (10.2.0) and we have had NO success getting his computer to get the internet through the share.

His Network Preferences>Ethernet tab tells us "You are connected to the internet through this port" (took me a while to find this, which I'm so accustomed to show right up from Panther), and yet it won't ping any external machines (it WILL ping mine).

Any ideas? The PC is now no longer getting the internet through me either, but no settings at all have changed on my PowerBook G4 routing.

The Wallstreet wouldn't connect to the internet through an iMac routing the internet to it in the same way either.

Tell me what I need to change here! PLEASE! :p

My brother's not exactly having the most worry-free introduction to the world of OS X - he left the Mac platform after System 7.5.

Please note that the Wallstreet has a tiny HDD so to conserve space we didn't install the BSD subsystem, so any solutions will have to be Mac, not Unix based.

Sorry, I have it worked out now.

I was trying to share my Ethernet connection to my ethernet-connected brother instead of my Modem connection. My fault :p. Thanks for helping.

Back