Internet Connection..

duane81

Registered
My ethernet is connected to a PC which is connected to a cable modem. The PC is running a routing program called SolidShare. I had the connection working fine under OS9, I just had TCP/IP set manually with IP of 192.168.0.2 and a router IP of 192.168.0.1... Well, I have these same settings under MacOSX, and it's not connecting at all. If I go into the terminal and ping 192.168.0.1 it gets responses, but I can't access the internet through any browsers, etc.. Does anyone know what the problem is here?

Thanks Alot!!

-Duane

Have you tried to see if you have access to a raw IP? Either in the Network Utility or a terminal, try pinging this webserver's IP, 209.242.117.50. If it works, you need to properly setup your Domain Name Servers configuration. If not, then try a traceroute, assuming SolidShare allows tracerouting.

You can do a traceroute from the Network Utility or by using 'traceroute' from a terminal (use /usr/sbin/traceroute if you get a command not found error).
Basically, it uses an IP option to try and map the route from your machine to the machine you give it, finding all machines in between.

Back