Internet Explorer 5.2 Out!

Originally posted by toast
Maybe you should use Chimera 0.3, with +25% speed. :) This page loads instantly too.

Nope, not here. And I can't imagine anything faster than IE 5.2 right now. Well, a GBit line to the 'net could always help, of course. But IE 5.2 is not only the fastest available browser for Mac OS X, it even *works*. Can't say that about Chimera/Navigator/Whateveritscalledrightnow yet. Tabs would be welcome, though. Hope they copy that feature soon. (And don't come and say that mozilla invented that, there were browsers on Windows which had that before.)

I won't insist more, I supposed you tested Chimera (call it Chimera :D) to say this, but here at home it DOES load instantly. If the admin gets a PHP script to see charge time, I'll get a result in microseconds :)

Tabs are great, true. Chimera works fine, I assure you :), I'm using it all day.

Originally posted by toast
If the admin gets a PHP script to see charge time, I'll get a result in microseconds :)
The page rendering is client side, so you can't measure anything there with a PHP.
Only thing youcan do with PHP is measure the time the server needs to process.

Anyway, what takes the most time is downloading the page from the server, and what is most annoying are pages that have bad HTML and need to be rerendered fot every byte that is loaded.

Back