Internet Explorer Issue With Tiger

Keniko

Registered
Hello,
I recently upgraded my Mac From 10.2.8 to OSX Tiger. It seems Internet Explorer has broken paths with movie playback and has no sound. The movies start and plays fine but when the slider reaches the half way point the movie freezes. If you click on the slider, the movie will play but always with no sound. Also using the arrow key for slo mo works through out play back with no freezes. QuickTime movies from the Internet play back fine with sound. I'm using Digidesign hardware and have all my audio parameters set up right in the audio/midi utility. I also had QT6Pro and purchased a new key for QT7Pro with the same results because I thought it was a codec issue. What's the problem? BTW....we have Comcast Internet Cable if that matters.

My copy of IE remains fully compatible with QuickTime. Since you did not give a link to the movies that you are trying to play, there is no way that we can rule out the server that hosts them. However, your problem is most likely local to your machine.

Hello and thanks for responding. I tried reinstalling Explorer from Microsoft and got the same results. I'm a musician, The site I reference to is Line 6. At the line 6 web site the movies play fine with no sound. There's a page you can go to to hear different guitar amp sounds and this has no sound. At digidesigns web site they have short QT tutorials that play fine with sound. Any QT movie plays fine. That's how I discovered it was not QT and only Internet movies were effected. I can play back movies from a disc image with no problems. iTunes and Pro Tools sessions have sound. Unfortunetly I can't get any movie properties from Line 6 to see the type of movie file: avi,dvix.....But I think Explorer should play these files fine. OSX v10.2.8 played the Line 6 movie files and sound fine. It seems any movie that is not a QT movie plays with a broken path with no sound. There's no preferences in Explorer for movie playback so what is causing the broken path and no sound for non QT movies? What is the default movie player for Explorer? An idea....If you have Tiger installed and you're using Explorer. Please go to www.line6.com. Click Pod XT Live. Click sounds and see if you hear sound. Click movie and see if these's sound for the movie. Let me know what you come up with. Thanks.

why bother in explorer?
last develop of ie is too old.

use safari all video at the address line6 run well.
You could also use firefox as suggested or also camino.

bye
fede

The Line6 site makes liberal use of Flash animation, but it works just fine in IE on MacOS X 10.4.3. In all fairness, the sound in IE is not as good as the sound in Safari, but it is most certainly audible.

Hello,
Well I solved the problem and I really don't know how. I used the firefox browser and it seems the default movie player is QT in which I didn't have a problem with. I switched my audio preferences from Digidesign hardware(digi002)to built in audio for my input and output prefs. This is different from earlier versions of Pro Tools as I had set my audio prefs. to Digi Hdw in the sound prefs. As far as the movies go. They play back fine with audio in IE or Firefox as the browser. Go figuire. Thanks for your responses.

Back