Internet sharing question

patrean

Registered
My Linksys adsl router stopped working recently and I'm awaiting a new one so I've reverted to the dreaded USB modem. I have a MacMini connected to the USB modem and have shared the internet connection via ethernet to my iMac. This works fine and I can connect to the internet on the iMac. I'm now attempting to share the connection from the ethernet port on the iMac to the built in Airport card so my iBook can connect wirelessly. (The MacMini does not have an AirPort card). All seems to be fine, the iBook is connected to the Airport signal and Network Status states I am connected to the internet, I can ping and I can also connect to both the MiniMac and the iMac from the iBook using Apple Talk but I cannot connect to the internet on the iBook?

The MiniMac is passing the IP address 192.168.2.2 and a router address 192.168.2.1 to the iMac. The iMac is passing an IP address of 10.0.2.3 and a router address 10.0.2.1 to the iBook. I've enetered the same DNS numbers on all 3 Macs, although the MacMini and the iMac worked fine withoiut any DNS numbers in the first place.

Am I missing something simple here or is it just not possible to piggy back 3 Macs in this fashion and I'm just wasting my time.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Back