Internet Sharing with OS 10.2 Server

potter__

Graphic Designer
I previously had 10.2 Server running on my main comp but could never get the network to allow internet to my laptop. I know that there is no GUI doesn't have any support for it and there is nothing in the help PDF.

I was hoping that someone here may have a solution to my problem.

The reason I switched back was, it was really nice to have server running and I could log on from the college, plus I could also run a website from my computer. I have tried IPNetShareX but I really don't have the $$$ to pay for it.

Thanks.

How much I do appreciate your trying, unfortunatly I know all of that already. I am using 10.2 SERVER... Within the server there is little options for sharing other then like print and 2 other things, no tabs. I heard a rumour that you can do it through the terminal and that there is no GUI way built into the OS.

Oh and just so everybody has a point of reference...

OS = 10.2.8 Server
Second Gen G4 500Mhz

192.168.181.1 = Main
192.168.181.2 = Laptop
(I know that knowing these don't help but he asked and you can use then for examples)

Thanks Though,
Who's Next?

I am also having this problem with os 10.2 Server. Did you find a solution? I'm experimenting with brickhouse, but it seems that it will allow packets to go through the network (you can ping www.apple.com from another computer, for example) but it does not allow internet sharing or anything (the same computer cannot access www.apple.com in safari).

Anyone have any thoughts?

Unfortunatly, no, I have not found an answer to the problem. However, I have heard that there is a script that you can get that allows it. Apparently the OS doesn’t have and GUI form of internet sharing and you have to do it through the Terminal. I don’t know where to find the script and I have already gone to 10.3 client, it works for me and I don’t have the time right now to see if I can get server running... Good luck, if you do find a solution to the problem, please tell me.

Thanks,

Mp

Back