Iomega zip 650

Untitled

Untitled
I am having trouble burning anything using a borrowed iomega zip 650 CD-RW. The device and the cds work on his computer. He owns a mac and uses the burner under 9.0. I have seen other posts which say people have used the burner under 10.1.4.

After plugging the device directly into my computer, the computer recognizes it and asks me what format to make the disc.

When I tried burning in iTunes 2.0.4, I tried using all the speed yet I always get the same error code -7932. I understand this is a transfer speed issue however even when I set it to 1x, the same thing happens.

When I try burning stuff from the finder the same thing happens. except the end result is an error code -6. I have also heard this is a transfer speed burning issue.

I would appreciate any help.
Jeff N.

iomega is the m$ of hardware accessories. never buy one of their products. it will die when you need it most.:(

btw - what software are you burning from - toast titanium or disk burner?

Hmm... I ran into similar issues when I was using really cheap CDR's... Sometimes the Disk Burner from the Finder craps out. It went away once I used a better CDR (TDK or Verbatim, I forgot).

I used to have an Iomega Jaz drive, after that nightmarish experience I've sworn off Iomega. The general quality of their products is nil.

Originally posted by Ed Spruiell
btw - what software are you burning from - toast titanium or disk burner?

I guess the software which I have used is iTunes and the finder in 10.1.4. I dont really want to install this software if it is possible because I am only borrowing the drive.
I have also not tried toast titanium because I have heard reports that it stops iTunes from burning properly if installed:eek:

ok, then you are using disk burner (thru itunes) sorry, but somebody else will have to help. i don't use it. as for the problem with toast and itunes, there was recently a haxie released that allows burning in toast directly from itunes. but i certainly wouldn't purchase toast to use with a borrowed drive.

I use toast and no problems with my iomega... It works like an angel.. Though I don't use 10.1.4, but have you tried burning in classic mode?

i have an original zip 650 from my pc days and it does work on
my g4. but (and add a big BUT), it stutters when i rip from audio CDs,
or when i burn. it plays well enough though, so i use it as a CD-ROM
drive when i play games like Diablo 2, and leave my superdrive for ripping
or burning.

Back