IP Printing Problems

sduttonusa

Registered
I have an Airport Base Station set up as a bridge. A wireless Zyxel router distributing my network addresses. For some reason, when I select the ABS network, I have no problem finding and printing from both my Apple Select 360 and my Lexmark 510, either through Appletalk or Bonjour. But when I select the Zyxel network, I can surf the net, exchange files on our network, but the printers are inaccessible. They can't be found using the printer setup utility, except through the IP printing. Perhaps that's the way it should be.

My Lexmark has an ip address of 192.168.1.60. After selecting the IP Printing setup, I typed in the ip address of the Lexmark, and the Lexmark driver appeared below. I added the printer and then tried to print from it. The page was processed, sent to "the printer queue???" (I don't know where), went from the queue to the printer, but nothing was printed. The printer warms up, but that's it. Is it being lost in the Zyxel router? Are there ports that need to be opened or forwarded?

Back