iPad case with keyboard

Doloresy

Registered
I’m looking for an iPad case with keyboard and specifically one that can take intensive typing. I gotta work on the road quite a lot and am not carrying my laptop everywhere. Came across the Typad, which is kinda what I’m looking for, only that it’s over 120 dollars. Another case is the ZAGGmate which is cheaper, but I haven’t found any satisfying reviews. Anyone has recommendations or experience with these keyboard cases?

Basically: All the cases with included keyboards I've seen have been crappy at _best_. I'd consider the option of getting Apple's wireless keyboard and some folio-style case that suits you. You can put the iPad on your lap so that the keyboard fits on the cover of the folio below the iPad. If the folio-style case doubles as a stand (Apple's does, so does the similar but less-cheaplooking Ozaki), you can put the iPad as a screen and put the keyboard where it comforts you best on a table (if there's a table).

@fryke: thanks for the advice.. it did cross my mind yes, but thought I might skip the step of carrying an addition accessory. Will look into it... have u been using it yourself by any chance?

Yes. I've been using my wireless keyboard with both the iPad and the iPhone to write stories. If you're mainly about _writing_, it's a very good experience. More problematic are tasks that require you to switch between the screen and the keyboard constantly. The keyboards that come within cases are _always_ hampered by using different keyboard layouts with smaller keys, which makes typing a lot a miserable experience. Maybe 1-4% better than using the onscreen keyboard, whereas the _real_ keyboard gives you just that: A real keyboard to type on.

@fryke: thanks for the advice.ipad 2 case. it did cross my mind yes, but thought I might skip the step of carrying an addition accessory.leather ipad 2 cases Will look into it...iPad2 case have u been using it yourself by any chance?

If the folio-style case doubles as a stand (Apple's does, so does the similar but less-cheaplooking Ozaki), you can put the iPad as a screen and put the keyboard where it comforts you best on a table (if there's a table).

I have used a few "keyboard cases" for my ipad 2 and ultimately sold them on craigslist for ciggarette money. I ended up packing in this ipad freedom keyboard and it can take a beating. the only downside is its not a case and ends up taking a bit more space in my bag, which i ended up learing to live with as the case options turn out to mostly suck...

Back