ipfw problems; please help

loekjehe

Registered
I have the following startup problems with ipfw. I noticed that the firewall.conf rule set is not performed totally until the end during system startup. It hangs somewhere in the middle and the last rules are not performed. When I then manually start ipfw again (with sudo /sbin/ipfw -f flush; sudo /sbin/ipfw /etc/firewall.conf), the total script is performed until the end. I use Brickhouse with its startup script.

I hope some expert can help me out and tell what could be the problem. I hate having to manually startup the firewall every time I have booted up. Or is this a know problem with ipfw on OS X?
:confused:

At what point during system startup does the script get executed?? Does it always stop at the same point? Maybe the system is not fully initialised before the script is executed.

The firewall startup script is being executed just before the end of the boot process, I can see that in the OS X startup window. The "hang" is at a different point each time. I sometimes got a message while manually restarting ipfw that ipfw fails because there is "not enough room on device".

This is what I sometimes get (in the middle of the listing of the rules during ipfw startup process):
/sbin/ipfw: setsockopt (IP_FW_ADD): no space left on device.
So, no specific device is mentioned. I'm curious to see if this problem is solved with Jaguar.

Back