Iphone 5s battery

zio_mangrovia

Registered
I'd like to know how much time It should take medium battery usage for iPhone 5s (latest iOS).
I replaced it but I think It works bad.
Now battery is at 2%

used: 3h 15m
standby: 17h 14 m

What do you think?

What apps do you have running? That is probably what is pulling all your power. Close out all your apps, turn off all but the most important notifications, charge the battery up, then see how long it lasts.

According to Apple, iPhone 5s battery life have a standby time of 250 hours from full charge and will get 10 hours of 3G talk time, 4G browsing, Wi-Fi browsing, and video playback, with 8 hours of 3G browsing or 40 hours of audio. I think there is a battery drain problem on your 5s. You may try updating your Apple software for often it includes advanced energy-saving technologies, avoid wide range of ambient temperatures, and remove certain cases during charging. I hope these tips helps you.

What apps do you have running? That is probably what is pulling all your power. Close out all your apps, turn off all but the most important notifications, charge the battery up, then see how long it lasts.

My applications are about 30-35 and most used are: whatsapp, notes, phone, mail, Safari, messages, Music

I closed all applications but I don't understand what means: turn off all but the most important notifications
Do you want to say to turn off notifications excluded most important ones?

You may try updating your Apple software for often it includes advanced energy-saving technologies, avoid wide range of ambient temperatures, and remove certain cases during charging. I hope these tips helps you.

Thanks for Apple data statistics
I have latest iOS.

Notifications allow the app to send you an alert that creates a banner on your phone such as a News app or a Weather app. Now most of the apps do not need to be active and running. An example is Phone. It will become active when you get a phone call. And most apps are pretty quick to start up when you need it such as Music or Safari.

With your phone open at your home page double tap the home button. You will see several windows - each being an app that is open and running.
Now you can swipe to the side to toggle from app to app window. At the window you want to quit, just swipe the window up (to the top of the phone). It will appear to go off the screen. This will shut down the app.

The 30 - 35 apps running at the same time is what is draining your battery.

Ok. But you still have something that is draining your battery. Do you have Bluetooth on at all times? If Bluetooth is running and not connected to anything (hands free, speakers, etc.) it will constantly be searching for something to connect to. Turn it off when you are not using it.

You can easily turn it on when you get in your car. Depending on what iOS version you are running (I don't remember how bluetooth worked in past versions) Bluetooth automatically turns on when it detects your car's bluetooth.

It is recommended to charge the battery when it hits 20%. Charging it at 50% will not hurt it unless you are constantly recharging at that level. The phone battery is similar to a laptop battery. You want to let it charge down before recharging so it 'learns'. If you constantly charge at say 60%, the battery will think that 60% is too low to work with. Hence, it won't use its full power and limit its life.

Back