iPhone 6pm June 29th Plans?

ScottW

Founder
Staff member
I might take Steve's advice and avoid the Apple store. While I thought I might be able to go "camping" and hopefully avoid the crowds of people not willing to endure such hardship, but with the 6pm local time offering, that means, one might have to endure an ENTIRE DAY of being in line, because you know the lines will form early. If they have it in stock, I'm more willing to venture down to the AT&T store down the street vs the Apple Store.

I'm not looking forward to that day honestly... and quite honestly, I don't need one on opening day, but I fear that a shortage will happen and if you don't get it on the first round, you may not get one for weeks or months. Plus, I will need to find some poor sap to come with me to hang it in line to hold my place for restroom breaks and what not.

Hopefully more details will come forth. I figure in the days before I will go to the local stores and see what they plan on getting in stock (numbers) and then make my decision on which store to gamble at. If I could order it online and be guaranteed to get it say, the following Wed, I can live with that. However, I am going on vacation, and with that week having a holiday during it, shipping stuff will be screwed up and so, if I don't get one that weekend, I won't get one for a few weeks just because of scheduling.

Such a dilemma :)

some poor sap - give him a cell and have him call you when he's about 3rd or 4th in line :)

The thing I'm most interested in is how much I could sell one for on eBay an hour after they're released. There will be many, many people in many, many countries that I'm sure would pay a premium.

I don't know if there will be that much of an 'ebay' problem. I do expect some, but since you have to sign up for the 2 yr agreement (we think) that might deter some of the Ebayers.

I don't know if there will be that much of an 'ebay' problem. I do expect some, but since you have to sign up for the 2 yr agreement (we think) that might deter some of the Ebayers.

depends on the supply/demand situation. We've seen video game consoles sold on ebay for $10,000 while supply is low. It seems likely the iPhone will sell out in the first batch, and there will be a lot of people willing to spend big for one.

Back