iPhone and Outlook password issues

qwikstreet

OS X Friendly
I have a customer who uses iPhone and Outlook to check a POP account on a Windows hosting server. He is having an issue when he is attempting to check mail with Outlook when his phone is on. With the phone on (which uses the EDGE network), he is getting a password prompt on Outlook. He types in his info and it fails to get mail. When he turns his phone off, Outlook works fine.

Any thoughts? Anyone else have this issue.

Side note: The Windows hosting server uses Plesk management software.

Simple: POP3-Server doesn't allow simultaneous connection of two clients for the same account at the same time. If you tell the iPhone to check every, say, 5 minutes and tell Outlook to check every, I dunno, 7 minutes, then sometimes things collide. Strangely enough, the error message of mail clients is not that "another session is active", rather the server locks the account and doesn't accept the password, which has thrown millions of E-Mail users off their path for, I think, decades now.

It seems like the iPhone is maintaining the connection to the mail server even after it is done downloading the email.

Is there any way to have the iPhone kill the connection without shutting off the account on the phone.

Back