Iphone and the 3G quicktime convertor

mi5moav

Registered
So, with us now being able to create 3G content for our iphones what are the killer apps that are gonna come out? With WiFi and 3G I can create a presentation, driving directions, to do lists and visual instructions for my Associates. Anything that I have as .avi or .mov or .mpg or whatever just convert it to 3G then when my associates are on the road or even somewhere in the building I can just push this 3G content that I just created in quicktime for them, to their iphones. AWESOME... so what will you create? Does, quicktime broadcaster have this ability to pump to the iphones? Will there be an iphone 3G broadcater? Why is Apple allowing consumers to pump 3G content to the iphone, it can already use quicktime formats... what's the big thing with 3G conversion in quicktime? Will apple have it's own Youtube?

Isn't 3G the same thing like UMTS? If it is, the iPhone isn't compatible with it, as it's a GSM only phone.

Those ".3gp" (called 3G in QuickTime) videos QuickTime creates are not exactly ideal for the iPhone - and it's nothing new at all. They're what old cameraphones can produce (and play). Basically, it's MPEG-4 at a very low-bandwidth profile. Bad sound, bad video, basically. You want H.264 instead, in a resolution exactly what the iPhone offers in widescreen-mode - or bigger.

Back