iPhone car play sync question

TuckerdogAVL

Registered
I’m ready to finally purchase two iPhones, one main reason, to use contactless pay. However, I have a 2015 Hyundai Sonata and my spouse has a 2017 Ford Escape. What’s the easiest way to find out definitively if the 11 with pair with them? Don’t want to make a $1400 mistake. I believe the Ford is Sync 3 and can find out the exact software; and I’m sure there is a hidden way to find the Hyundai’s as well. Any googling are articles, how tos, YouTube vids, about how awesome the sync is, all written 4 years ago, or 2 yrs ago, so consequently obsolete.Im trying to avoide the usual, these days, of purchasing, finding nothing works, then getting the “it is what it is” shrug.

Can either car link to your present phones using Bluetooth?
My 2014 Chevy links via bluetooth and I can listen to music as well as take phone calls.

small note: please avoid the 'it is what it is' for now.

I wold think it would work with the iPhones. Double check with your car's manual for an updated list of what phones it will link with. If Bluetooth doesn't do it, the usb port should.

I wold think it would work with the iPhones. Double check with your car's manual for an updated list of what phones it will link with. If Bluetooth doesn't do it, the usb port should.

I appreciate your consideration on the topic ...and we probably PROBABLY :) are okay ... but ... This is the point: Checking a five year old and four year old manual is worthless because the phones have updated software, just like the apps on OS systems on computers can suddenly stop working "just because" of the upgraded architecture. $700 per phone is a rather steep purchase to for testing.

And "I would think" is not definitively. This is what ALWAYS happens. For example, ROARINGAPPS.com is a great resource for checking on Apps and compatibility. I have Photoshop CS4. I cannot afford, nor am I willing, to purchase a new program for something I use about 3 hrs a month. It is not compatible with Catalina because of it's architecture as being "legacy." However, I was all set to upgrade. Nope. Not now. Eventually though I'm sure I will be kicked out just like when the PP changed.

So, I will attempt to get an answer from the dealerships, which I am assuming the answer will be "it should" "most likely" and their individual forums. What I need, obviously, is something who can tell me that the iPhone11 works on 2015 and 2017 models of cars with their specific OSs.

Thanks again, though. I do appreciate it.

Most manufacturers have updated FAQ for things like garage door openers and phones. Have you tried there? The manual should have a website that you can go to. My Chevy had a separate pamphlet for the radio/phone/etc with a web site for further help.

Wife & I both have iPhone 11s.
Mine is synced to an ‘11 Lincoln with Sync 1; jets is synced to a ‘14 Jeep.
No problems with either. Go for it!!

Back