iphone gen 2.. what have the fixed?

jimdogg187

Registered
I love macs. Been a hardcore mac fan for 10+ years. Right now I run a mbp, and would love to get the new iphone to replace my black berry curve.

But.... What have they done to correct some of the basic issues??

Can the new iphone receive a mms text w/out having to go online to view?

How about cutting and pasting? I use this feature just about everyday on my BB. i can't live w/out it. I hear that this will once again not be available?

Anyone know if these two things have been corrected? Or new features added that aren't hardware related?

Thanks!!

Jim

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I found the info on the website rather vague, so I decided to come here for some answers.

I saw that mms texting was gonna be the same, but could find nothing about cutting and pasting.

I just don't get it. These are two features that are so elementary, even basic phones have them.

Its a bummer to me because it looks like I'll be waiting for gen 3 now :(

I want an iphone to sync with my mac, but don't want to lose features by doing so.

Anyone heard of any possible 3rd party apps that may help with this?

Apple wants to promote the use of E-Mail instead of MMS. MMS is an unnecessary hack from the point of view that you have quite a nice little internet terminal with the iPhone.

Copy & Paste isn't in yet, either. I wonder whether they'll add such a feature, though. They seem to make things available on a task basis.

Apple wants to promote the use of E-Mail instead of MMS. MMS is an unnecessary hack from the point of view that you have quite a nice little internet terminal with the iPhone.

Copy & Paste isn't in yet, either. I wonder whether they'll add such a feature, though. They seem to make things available on a task basis.

"unnecessary" is a matter of your point of view. I don't think you should have to use email to send a quick message, MMS, SMS or otherwise.

Back