iPhone Protective Cases

FlashMac

Registered
Hello, got my iPhone yesterday, very pleased.

Anyone care to recommend a cover? I suspect the InCase one will be the one.

I think it would be nice to have a general case review thread, I could have told anyone with an old video iPod not to get the iVak, for instance.

There look to me to be various practical options;

InCase
Contour iSee
iSkin Revo
Agent 18 eco Shield

- thats in order of my preference, not the rating on the Store> Shop iPhone> Accessories> Cases and Armbands.

Does anyone have any of these, and if so how have you found them?

Although I've never owned one, I've been quite impressed by the appearance of the range of cases by Vaja. If I were to get an iPhone (which I probably won't at the current cost of ownership) or a new iPod, these would probably be my first choice:

http://www.vajacases.com

Thanks! They certainly are nice (looks like great build quality), but a bit chunky for me. I'm an in-pocket rather than a belt-clip kind of guy.

I quite like the basic InCase one, but can't tell if there's any kind of film included to protect the screen.

Vaja cases are typically the best cases you can buy, short of having one custom made. My best advice, outside of buying Vaja, is to steer clear of any type of rubber case. Rubber cases often trap dust and other particles and rub it against whatever is inside, leaving scratches. Also, I prefer leather over plastic.

I'm not a fan of leather, its usually too bulky for me.

Well, I got the InCase in the end:

TN563_screen1.jpg

I had a good look around with one of the Apple Store guys helping me, I don't like the leather and canvas ones with flip-up covers etc, I prefer to have it in my pocket than on my belt. The InCase is basically the slimmest option, although it doesn't have any protection for the screen so I bought one of those silicon static-fixed screen covers instead (which came with tow in the packet, which is nice, as the hole around my Home button is slightly off centre despite my best efforts). The only downside is it doesn't fit in the dock now so its cable only, but thats OK.

The iSkin Revo actually comes with an adaptor to put on your dock so that it still drops in snugly, so if you're into the dock in a big way I'd recommend that. Its a bit chunkier (which is why I didn't go for it) but thats just extra protection.

Another thing I forgot to mention is that the InCase is so anti-slip that it can be tricky getting it in and out of my jeans pocket (and I don't wear tight jeans). It feels more secure for me but it might bother some people.

The InCase product looks nice. :)

Just to make sure all is clear for everyone, though, the Vaja cases are individually designed to your specifications, so you can get them in different styles (some thinner than others), different color combinations, and with or without a belt clip.

I was looking for cases for the new 3G :) I notice Vaja already has a category for 3G Iphones. Nice.

Really? Do you have a link or a screenshot? Perhaps they've taken it down again, all I can see is an "iPod nano 3G" section.

Yes, its that time again. Got my 3G yesterday, and popped into the Apple store on Regent Street just now to look at cases.
Early days, so obviously not a lot of options, but not bad a few days after launch. InCase have at least 5 different options, but I didn't like their rubber one on the last model. Belkin have an OK-looking transparent case, and there were various chunky Contour ones as well.
In the end I went for the Gear4 'Icebox Pro' which is a transparent case too. Its very snug.
They had sold out of the silicon film screen protectors, which is just as well as I didn;t realise until I got back tot he office that this one has a front cover too. I'm not sure if I like that, with the silicon film you really get the feel of touching the phone rather than through a piece of plastic, but I've got 14 days to return it if I don't like it.

http://www.gear4.com/product_detail.php?products_id=483

Back