iPhoto 1.1

wdw_

Rockee
Look what MacNN.com has to report.

Originally posted by MacNN.com
A MacNN reader notes that an update to iPhoto, Apple's digital photo application, is due out "soon" via the Software Update Control Panel. iPhoto 1.1 is expected to bring "enhanced editing, improved organizing and new ways to share your photos including the ability to include photos in Email, set your desktop picture and your Screen Saver slideshow.

Cool.. and we can only hope that they would keep the filename of images you import associated with the image some how. Would make it a much nicer photo organizer.

I already can't wait. iPhoto is one of my favorite programs and those extra features would make it even better!! :D

I'm willing to bet on speed increases. So many people use iPhoto to prove that Mac is slow and that even Apple can't make a good app.

As for myself, I like the software but have no need for it without a camera.

Koelling: Even without a camera it's good. I use it to crop images and convert screenshots to .jpeg
Some times you just don't wanna use heavy apps like PS...

It is REALLY goddamn fast. It also has brightness/contrast adjust, screen saver mode, Mail Pictures (using mail.app) and Set as Desktop.

Great update, Apple!

What happened to the iphoto function where you could select a picture and "publish" it on your own @mac web page?

It was the best feature and the only reason why I ever used iPHOTO... Please someone tell me its still there but under a different tab!
I hope apple isnt thinking of charging us for these features like QT pro does.

hmm, its out? but not on software update? and the macnn link to download the file is dead. what's going on?

AG3,

You can still send to your mac homepage. It is now under the share tab. Also in the share tab:
print
slide show
mail (this works extremely well)
order prints
order book
homepage
desktop (setting your desktop pic)
screen saver
export

looks like versiontracker responses ( in the download page for iphoto ) from people are bad, saying that 1.1 was pulled. maybe that's why you can't download it anymore :)

Someone has reported that the version released this morning erased some of their iPhoto Library. Mine was very limited in size (didn't use 1.0) and no loss for me.

For the most part, this upgrade makes iPhoto very usuable for me. The email thing is very nice as well as being able to rename rolls, pictures and search for them.

However, one of the things that I was really hoping for is that the pictures in iPhoto would be recognizable from iMovie. No dice. The images (now aliases) are greyed out.:(

Knowing that, I will still have to have two files of pictures. Ones in iPhoto and ones in folders. This is very dissappointing as I was hoping that the iapps would be more tightly knitted. Am I missing something here?

Originally posted by kcmac
AG3,

You can still send to your mac homepage. It is now under the share tab. Also in the share tab:
print
slide show
mail (this works extremely well)
order prints
order book
homepage
desktop (setting your desktop pic)
screen saver
export

Hrm... I only see "Print", "Slide Show", "Mail", "Desktop", "Screen Saver", and "Export".

Maybe this is why it was pulled – some things were forgotten?

Noticed when I am in the edit tab that redeye and crop are greyed out. Guess some things are missing here as well.

What does work is nice. I have not been hit with any problems.

SimX is right its definietly out...

You watch apple release a PRO iphoto account where you have to pay for this feature :(

Back