iPhoto 4 incapable of printing 4x6 photos

turn2

Registered
Apparently iPhoto 4 is totally incapable of printing on 4x6 photo paper through a Photosmart printer. I've pretty much wasted an entire afternoon and don't have a single print to show for it. WTF! I'd really like to volunteer for one of those switcher ads right now. My version.

Has anyone else had this kind of frustration or is it just me?

I haven't tried a 4x6 with a Photosmart printer but it works fine with an Epson Photo 820. The problem may be the Photosmart driver rather than iPhoto 4. You might try using the GIMP-Print drivers instead. Although GIMP-Print is included in Panther you can download the latest drivers here. Follow the instructions on the GIMP-Print web site for installing the GIMP-Print drivers.

It's not the printer driver. I can print to the same printer from iPhoto 3 on my old G3. I see no point in transfering all my recent shots back into iPhoto 2, however.

I print 4x6's everyday on a photosmart 7150 or 7260 from iPhoto4, have gone into psge setup and setup the final print settings? After you do that goto print and make sure the attributes box says "photosmart" instead of "for any printer" and then choose the 4x6 paper size. Its never failed for me by doing that.

I've got a Photosmart 1215 but I doubt that is an issue. I do exactly what you describe but get an alert that says: "No pages from the document were selected to be printed." But it's clear that I've selected the picture or picture I want to print.

The same procedure works fine when I try it on my G3 running Jaguar and iPhoto 2.

Okay, in iPhoto 4's print dialog box, under "Style", I needed to swith the dropdown from "Standard" to "Full page".

Whew!
:eek:

:D

Back