iPhoto 5 and .Mac Homepage

lbj

Registered
I'm suprised to not find more mention here, but is anyone else having problems with iPhoto 5.0.1 and .Mac Homepage upload?

When I try (never a problem in pre-5 iPhoto), I get the message "updating themes" for about 10 minutes, then the process quits with the message that the attempt had timed out. Using Activity Monitor in the meantime shows data moving both upstream and downstream, but to no avail.

I've tried all the fixes found on the internet to date to include:
resetting time
resetting language
kick starting by buying a print
kick starting by trying to upload in a new account
and I've rechecked all my settings and repaired permissions ad nauseum.

Any ideas?

Thanks Cheryl, but no joy.

I can now add emptying the cache and reinstalling iPhoto 5 (and update) to the list of things tried.

What's odd is how particular this problem is. My access to .Mac is fine. It's just the dang homepage feature that hangs.

My browser is Safari but the upload process is entirely a function of iPhoto.

But wait, I have used FireFox recently, and even Mozilla. Think those browsers have messed up caches? Odd in that I don't see how a browser would make a difference, but I will dump every cache I find tonight!

Thanks for your persistance.

Thanks again Cheryl,
I dumped every cache and still nothing.
Also found on the Apple Website (discussions), mention of a preference checker, but still not able to load to Homepage from iPhoto 5.

If anyone else is interested in the discussion at Apple Support, here you go:
http://discussions.info.apple.com/webx?128@688.IHobaAFVUVC.207555@.68a934d8

May be able to help some folks, as the fix seems to be somewhat unique for many users. Then again, maybe there aren't many of us with this problem.

Any other suggestions appreciated, I'll try anything.

Back