iPhoto and .mov's

rjwc

spam man banned
iPhoto is great. Importing photo's from my Olympus C4040 works like a charm. But where do the Quicktime movies go? iPhoto doesn't import them. Where are they? And how do I get them in my Mac?
Can anybody help please?

Try and see if you can find them on the mounted camera/ volume. Don't delete anything, if you find it, copy it over and see if it works.

To get the movies in your computer, go to your Applications folder and open up "Image Capture" while your camera is plugged in. You should be able to download the movies off of your camera with that. :D

From Image Capture help:

Using Image Capture, you can transfer digital photos to your computer from many USB digital cameras. If your camera records video clips and MP3 sounds, you can transfer these, too.

By default, Image Capture transfers still images to your Pictures folder, video files to your Movies folder, and music files to your Music folder. To choose another folder, choose Other from the Download To pop-up menu, then click Download Some or Download All.

If you want to set Image Capture to open automatically when you connect a digital camera, choose Preferences from the Image Capture menu.

If you don't have a USB cable for your camera, check the camera manufacturer's website to find out which cable you need.

Back