iPhoto books - real photo sizes

kikashi

Registered
Hi,

Do you know if Apple document anywhere the actual sizes of the photos which will be printed on the various layouts of their photo book pages? It would be nice to be able to edit and crop the photos myself, rather than hoping that their cropping algorithms get it right.

Thanks

Jeremy

As far as I've ever been told, when printing a book or album from Apple, Apple prints your photos at the size you submit them. It does this by printing the full page as it's laid out, not printing indvidual photos and then adding them to an album.

If you're ordering prints, you can select the size you want them printed, and thus let you scale and crop to that size.

All iPhoto cropping and touchup is retained, but the actual printed size of the images in the album is a function of the number of images on the page. The more images, the smaller each must be to fit on the page.

I have been quit pleased with the printed albums I have ordered.

perfessor101 said:
All iPhoto cropping and touchup is retained, but the actual printed size of the images in the album is a function of the number of images on the page. The more images, the smaller each must be to fit on the page.

I have been quit pleased with the printed albums I have ordered.

Yes, I'm aware that the actual printed size varies depending on the number of photos on the page. If you look at some of the page layouts, you'll see that sometimes the aspect ratio of the photo is quite markedly different from the standard 4:3 as well.

I just wondered if there was any documentation anywhere as to the actual sizes of the various photos on the various page layouts. I'm beginning to think that there isn't.

Jeremy

Back